The Half windsor knot
The Half Windsor knot is an extremely versatile knot. The half-Windsor knot is a symmetric tie knot that is slightly larger than the Pratt knot and smaller than the Windsor knot. It is suitable for most collars and occasions. Best used with neckties of a medium to light thickness.
- Start with the wide end on your right. Extend it about 30 cm below the narrow end of your necktie
- Cross the wide end over the narrow end
- Bring the wide end around and under the narrow end
- Bring the wide over the loop around the neck and tighten a bit
- Bring the wide end over the narrow end moving from right to left
- Bring the wide end up towards the neck loop
- Put the wide end through the knot at the front of the tie
- Pull the wide end of the tie under the loop around your neck
- Tighten the knot by pulling down on the wide end. Use both hands to create the perfect triangle. Draw up to the collar and you are now ready for the day.
Go back to the Styleguide